This. Is. Us.

This. Is. Us.

3 Day Weekend!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

First of all --- Can I just get an AMEN for 3 day weekends! I feel so much more accomplished, and like my life isn't in complete chaos, when I have that extra day to get necessary things done! I could definitely be one who fights for 4 day work weeks and 3 day weekends.  (Who is with me?!?!) 


Anyways, Monday was a productive day! I was off for President's day, so I was able to get a lot of necessary things checked off the list!! First up was a trip to the doctor.  Each of us has to have a complete physical done, blood work ran, TB tested, HIV tested, and be up to date with our vaccinations.  Let me tell you, between fertility and this, I have been poked by more needles in the past few years than I have in my lifetime.  But, if it brings us one step closer to our sweet little baby, I will do it over and over again! 







After I left the doctor, I sped made a trip to Starbucks.  It was 12:30 and I hadn't had a drop of coffee or a bite to eat!  I grabbed my coffee and settled down in a very happening Starbucks near downtown.  {So this is what the world is like outside of my four classroom walls on a weekday?! I kind of dig it!}  I sat there and worked a little bit more on our autobiographies since I was taking them to the agency later that day.  I wanted needed a final "look over"! I snapped a little picture to show my sweet 3rd graders that adults even look over their papers numerous times, making necessary changes, for it to be the best that it can be. 
(Productivity paired with a little lesson for my kids is a win!)




From Starbucks I stopped by Fedex to print and copy all {bazillion} of our documents. (Keeping doubles of everything is advice I have heard from numerous people about this process) I then headed in to downtown to visit our agency and drop off our paperwork!!  From the beginning of this journey, the thing that stressed me out FIRST was choosing an agency.  There are SO many out there.  How was I (the girl who can't decide what to wear, what to eat for dinner, what plans to make, what color to paint my nails, on and on and on) going to choose an agency with whom we would put all of our trust in (aside from the good Lord of course) to help us find our baby!!! I was dreading it! But through a series of excel sheets, phone calls, interviews and referrals, we confidently decided to go with our agency Hope Cottage.  




I cannot describe to you how confident I am in the decision we made with our agency.  I was telling a friend how much I love our agency.  Even with ALL the other options out there, I don't hesitate for a second about where we should be.  She told me "God must be telling you that YOUR baby is there!".  Ahhhhh!!! Cue the tears and goosebumps! She is so right though.  Our birth mom could be working with our agency right now.  Our baby could be growing and we don't even know it yet.  Our baby is being formed by God somewhere and I cannot wait to see how this journey unravels for our family!!  
Psalm 17:6 “My steps have held fast to your paths; my feet have not slipped.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!