This. Is. Us.

This. Is. Us.

1 Thessalonians 5:11

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." 

You guys! I cannot even begin to put into words the feelings and emotions that have flooded over us the past couple of days.  We have felt so blessed by all of you after announcing our adoption!! Your prayers, your words, your love, your support, your encouragement, your generosity! From people we see daily to people we haven't seen in far too long, we have felt a tremendous amount of support from all of you.  We have been so encouraged and touched by all of your responses and it is evident that our sweet little one will be one loved little baby!


Being vulnerable and allowing the world to see us beyond the outward appearance was by far the most difficult thing I have chosen to do along this journey.  Outside of close friends and family, no one knew our daily struggles and battles.  Those who know me well, know that I struggle with fear and worrying.  I know we live in a Pinterest worthy society, and as a women, we are designed to be mothers.  What would others think about me and why I couldn't be a mother as the majority of people around me could?  What would people say who thought that adoption was just a second choice for us?  What if this too, didn't work for us?  Everything that is natural to me (Satan) was saying, "Keep this between you and Eric...Just handle this yourselves."   That would have been easy for me.  That would have been comfortable.  But He had other plans.  BIG plans!  


Anyways, after much contemplation and {slightly pushy} encouragement from 'my people', I began creating our story and a post (that was the easy part) to announce our adoption.  After days of going over it with a fine tooth comb, I sat with the computer open.  I found a million other things that "took" away my time and attention.  To click that little "post" button was a BIG step that I was taking and I was taking every minute that I could.  God was definitely stretching me and clearly wanted me to learn something through this part of our journey.  I opened up my Bible, searched the index for "openness" and >>>2 Timothy 2:15 said "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth."<<< Now I may be stubborn and hard headed at times, but not when it comes to God's word.  I knew that through this, just as through many other things in this process, his word  would guide me.  


His word DID guide me and MAN am I glad that it did!!!  {Very} shortly, the likes and comments started flooding in.  My phone continued to ding and buzz throughout the night.  Each time I would look, a sense of "you've got this" would come over me.  The encouragement and love blew, and continue to blow us away! We really have read each of your comments and likes many times over.  God KNEW what he was teaching me in that moment.  I pray to stay open through this process, knowing ultimately that I do not need to fear.  I want to learn how to be completely trustworthy of Him because He is so, so, good. 


***We have gotten many questions about our adoption journey over the past week and we are excited to share everything we have done and what we know so far. Keep a look out in the next few days for a post to come of some of the most frequently asked! Feel free to ask us more, so you can learn as we learn! :)***



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!